• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

tacoma door locks

cjmillerca

ive got a 2000 tacoma with power door locks ,the right side lock accuator broke in the locked position any help in un-locking it so i can replace the accuator is needed thanks

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
You cant remove the door panel and pull it from there?
To tell you the truth I've been working on Toyota's for over 20 years and never come across this problem before.
Maybe you could slim jim the lock to get it open?

Harvey

I think you would need to take off the door panel and you should be able to access it from there. If Toyota trucks are anything like other trucks that I've seen then this would be the best way to fix your problem but that's just theory on how to go about it. I'm not a mechanic though, I just play one on TV.

tarheel

Yep, they are right, you are going to have to pull the door panel. Once you do, you should find the actuator below the door striker if I remember correctly.

ToyotaToy

If I ever have to take my door pannel off I'm going to be in more trouble than I started out with!! Sounds like a mess... is it that complicated?

cleaner199

Honestly, not really. The door panel comes off pretty easy, and its not that difficult to change out. But, if you are not comfortable with it, I would advice not doing it yourself. Take it to someone.

antonino

100 Posts
Honestly, not really. The door panel comes off pretty easy, and its not that difficult to change out. But, if you are not comfortable with it, I would advice not doing it yourself. Take it to someone.
This is the most agreeable comment! Better take it to someone, than be sorry later, that you're driving in a doorless truck.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
ive got a 2000 tacoma with power door locks ,the right side lock accuator broke in the locked position any help in un-locking it so i can replace the accuator is needed thanks

Did you get this figured out? How did you fix the issue so far?

Related Content You Might Like: