• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Sqeaking noise

royhilton

I have a 2004 Highlander, and when I decelerate (not touching the brakes) I get a squeaking noise, that sounds like squeaking brakes. My foot is nowhere near the brake pedal. Sound kinda bugs me, and I would like to know what it is. Truck run fine during this squeaky time.

DZX Ace

A squeaking noise that occurs when decelerating but isn't related to the brakes could stem from a few potential sources in a 2004 Highlander. Here are a few possibilities:

1. Suspension Components: Squeaking noises during deceleration might indicate worn-out or dry suspension components, such as bushings, ball joints, or control arm mounts. As the vehicle weight shifts during deceleration, these components can produce noise if they're worn or lacking proper lubrication.
  2. Steering Components: Issues with the steering system, such as worn-out tie rod ends or steering rack components, could produce squeaking sounds when the vehicle's weight shifts while slowing down.
  3. Driveshaft or Universal Joints: If the noise seems to come from underneath the vehicle, the driveshaft or its associated universal joints could be a potential source. These joints might produce a squeaking sound as they move or if they lack proper lubrication.
Given that the truck runs fine otherwise, it's likely a non-critical issue, but it's still important to diagnose and address it to prevent any potential problems in the future. It might be worth having a mechanic or a trusted technician inspect the suspension, steering components, and driveshaft to identify the specific source of the squeaking noise. They can check for wear, proper lubrication, and any components that might need adjustment or replacement to resolve the issue.

For More info: Search Google : DZX Ace

Related Content You Might Like: