• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Spring Trips Planned?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Now that we're full-on into Spring and Summer is around the corner, who's got any big plans for their trucks?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I might go to Scarbourough Rennasance Fair, does that count even though it'll only take me 20 minutes to get there?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I guess we're getting out of the spring driving time and moving into the summer driving season pretty soon.

toyotaman

Taking the kids to California this summer. Will be doing disney, lego land and the san diego beach area. Should be a blast!

toyotachic

Me and a bunch of girlfriends will be heading to the beach this summer for a week. Cant wait to relax and drink a few cold ones and get some sun.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Any beach should be fun this summer.
That Ca. trip sounds like a blast, makes me wish I was a kid again.
I pulled the boat out of the backyard Saturday and completed my spring clean-up on it, maybe we'll make a long trip down to the coast with it or head out to Lake Mead and Las Vegas.

tarheel

My plans this spring unfortunately involve plain travel, and the cost of renting a truck is insane, so its compact car for my vaction for me...more's the pitty.

I am doing a pretty big move before I go though, so mine is going to get a pretty big work out (Why rent a U-Haul when you have a truck)

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
traveling by airplane is the way to go if you don't have a lot of time and need to get a long distance. However, with so many medium-distance trips, you're better off driving. For example, when I used to live out west of Fort Worth Texas, it would take me 1 to 1.5 hours just to drive to DFW airport. Then you have to be there an hour or more early, then there are sometimes delays. Once you fry to your destination and get you bag, you still either have to get a taxi, shuttle or rent a car!

So for me to get from Weatherford, TX to Houston would be the exact same amount of time for driving vs. flying! But the airfare and rental car would usually set me back like $400 for just a two day trip! Driving would be a fraction of that.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Now that we're almost out of Spring and summer will begin in just a couple of weeks, we've got to start thinking about a summer trip. Not sure where we're going to go this year. Too hot to go camping with three little ones, unless we head up to the mountains. I'd love to spend a week up in the mountains of Idaho, but I don't have that kind of time ... maybe next year.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
With my wifes new job I dont think we'll be able to get away this year, maybe some short trips around Texas.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
There are a lot of people that will be cutting back on their travel. It's SOOOO expensive to fly a family somewhere, so that limits a lot of people to just traveling by ground, so it's just local short trips getting someplace within a few hours driving time I think.

Related Content You Might Like: