• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Spotlight for your Toyota Truck

tundrabear

Wanting to put in a thru the drivers pillar spotlight ( think cop car light) for night work but I notice there is an air bag in that post - has anyone put one of these lights in and if so where and how on these new 2010 Tundras? I thought about the new remote control ones but never had one and don't really like the looks of them so maybe just put in the regular one I'm used to?
Thanks!

5.7yotafan

100 Posts
Your best bet will probably be either remote (even if they don't look the best) or a handheld model.

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
if it was me i would just get a hand held that way you dont have to worry about messing up the paint and maybe having future rust to start.

02 Taco

I have an old KC Highliter with a homemade handle and it's wired to go in the sig lighter socket. Works great if you're able to hold it and drive too.

SurferBoy

I would have to say to go with the remote or handheld too - you wouldn't want to mess up any cables, air bag parts, or anything else that might be in that area.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
This sounds just awesome, I would love to do this myself as I have to go down some dark and dusty roads at times and having a spotlight mounted would probably be a bit much actually. Hmm, wonder if there is one that could be taken off when not needed at times?

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

I have an old KC Highliter with a homemade handle and it's wired to go in the sig lighter socket. Works great if you're able to hold it and drive too.
That might be the way to go actually. How many candlepower is needed?

TacoTrucker

I've only ever used the handheld ones but that's because there are some ticket happy game rangers here that will take any spotlights they find, even if you just have them laying in your truck and not in use.

GearHead

100 Posts
It's surprising that they would confiscate a spotlight when not in use-- pretty sure there are no laws against simply possessing one, at least here. I guess maybe things are different in Colorado though?

Leveled

This sounds just awesome, I would love to do this myself as I have to go down some dark and dusty roads at times and having a spotlight mounted would probably be a bit much actually. Hmm, wonder if there is one that could be taken off when not needed at times?

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

That might be the way to go actually. How many candlepower is needed?

Check out this site they make lightbars for every truck and they look really good

http://randyellisdesign.com/products-page/sleekster-lightbars/toyota-lightbars

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Dont know how I missed this post before.
I wonder if the original poster ever thought of using a Marine remote spot light?
I have one on the bow of my boat thats electrically operated from the drivers seat. If I remember correctly it was only a 4 or 5 wire install that took less than an hour.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
there really is nothing like lighting up the darkness with a strong st beam of light. just love the way they cut through the night.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Wanting to put in a thru the drivers pillar spotlight ( think cop car light) for night work but I notice there is an air bag in that post - has anyone put one of these lights in and if so where and how on these new 2010 Tundras? I thought about the new remote control ones but never had one and don't really like the looks of them so maybe just put in the regular one I'm used to?
Thanks!

Hi tundrabear any updates, Did you get this figured out? How did you fix the issue so far?

Related Content You Might Like: