• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

SOLD the '87 Toyota SR5 today!

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
I haven't posted it for sale anywhere yet--have a vacation first--but it's finally ready to head down the road. Two of these old guys are one too many for this old guy. Can't keep up.

It has 224K miles and still has some minor stuff needing done. Original paint & interior though. Any idea what I could ask for it? I'm thinking around $4K.

RT 3.JPG

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Bought it in late March of this year (2018). Roomier than the '83, but as I mentioned, two is one too many. Spent most of its life in Colorado. Surface rust ONLY underneath. I repaired the small rust spots on the bed--otherwise original paint. It has an oil leak and a couple of other things that could use fixing. Generally in much better than average condition.
RT 4.JPG
RT 6.JPG
RT 9.JPG
RT 2.JPG

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
IDK how well vehicles hold up in your area. Around me that truck in that condition is worth between $6500 and $8500. It is a classic.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Put it up on Craig's List Monday. Lots of responses but only 2 lookers--no buyers yet.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I would hold firm at what I think is a very fair price. The truck is very clean. These trucks don't appeal to the masses as far as ownership so you have to be patient.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
You might want to consider eBay motors. Seriously, I've sold one truck on there and it was a guy in northern Florida who happened to be looking for that exact truck with that engine, transmission, age, miles, price, etc. You will have to pay their fee of course, but you could put it in at auction starting at $100 and put a reserve on $4,000. Then if it doesn't sell for the reserve price you're not forced to sell your truck for the highest bid.

The benefit of course is that you reach a much larger audience then you would on craigslist. Someone out there is interested in that truck. I'll post a link on twitter to this thread with pics of your truck to see if we can get more attention.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
full.jpeg
I bought my avatar truck on eBay as well as other vehicles over the years. I noticed many Toyota trucks get relisted due to dreamers/deadbeat bidders. I contacted seller, pointed out the high bidders had zero history, the experienced seller agreed and also agreed to my offer. Picked up truck a couple weeks later in Cedar Rapid Iowa.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I am not sure how EBAY handles buyers now but when I sold my bird it was gone 1 1/2 hours into auction however EBAY made buyer qualify before I was notified of sale. My first experience with EBAY was buying the old truck in driveway, second was selling the bird. My 4runner you can see was my tow vehicle at that time.
photo(1)(1).jpg

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
A guy from Austin, TX says he's buying a plane ticket and will be here Mon or Tue with cash. I'm holding my breath....

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I would have e-transferred 10% deposit to hold as a guarantee. Some one else shows up with cash don’t turn them away
Good luck!

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
SOLD the '87 today. Full price sale. Buyer driving back to Austin, TX as I type.

Steve, can you delete that FB post?

Last edited:

Related Content You Might Like: