• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Should my lady friend get a long bed or short bed Tacoma?

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
My best friend, she's female and needs a truck. She is going to get a Tacoma probably at least a 2006 if not newer. She cannot decide whether to get a short bed or long bed Tacoma though....

She'll use the truck a lot to go on rafting trips. I think her raft is about 13 feet long. Plus all the rafting equipment. Do you think a short-bed truck would be okay?

supernovax3

100 Posts
I think she should get the long bed, just to be sure. She could also measure the raft + equipment and the lengths of the short bed/long bed. If the short bed isn't enough, she could maybe get one of those tailgate-extending gates to put on the back.

Darrin

For rafting trips? She really wants to buy a truck that she can put on raft? Okay, I'm not really sure about the whole story behind why but here goes a little about short and long beds for trucks. I would advise that she gets one with a long bed as that would certainly give a lot of space. The only good thing I find with a short bed is that it's good with off road trips because of its shorter wheel base.

jtanner

A female driving a truck, that's so cool. :)

Well, based on her needs, I think she should get the long bed. I don't think all her stuff would fit nicely in a short bed. And if she gets the long bed, the ride would be smoother.

Related Content You Might Like: