• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Seeking fellow Tundrans...

Ernie

Hello everyone- at age 41 I purchased my first pick up truck - a 2002 Toyota Tundra. It is like driving my 1993 Toyota Corrolla with the difference I am twice as high in the sky. Oh - it is also a hell of a lot more powerful. Am happy with my truck. Am paranoid someone will still it. Am seeking advice on theft prevention. For instance - is there any point in putting a bar on the steering wheel? Alarm? etc.
Thanks and look forward to getting to know some other Tundrans out there.

Ernie

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Hey Ernie, welcome.

Tough thing to stop crime. Of course parking in well-lit areas, keeping valuables out of the vehicle, using an alarm and more all work well, all you can do is reduce risk and make certain you have insurance on it for theft.

A chop-shop in Dallas was recently busted because someone put a GPS tracking device (they didn't say which one) on their vehicle and cops were able to track it and found the chop shop and shut it down while the folks that were running it took off running down the street when the cops showed up. I think this soft of thing is going to happen more, where aftermarket GPS broadcasting systems will lead police to the location of the vehicle.

http://cbs11tv.com/local/auto.theft.operation.2.1051098.html

Ernie

Theft Prevention

Dear Toyotafan...

Thanks for response. I am going to do all those things, except maybe alarm. I dread it going off while I am not around and bothering the hell out of people.

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
Welcome to the site now for keeping someone from taking your truck lowjack is good but you got to look at it like this if they want it bad enough they are going to take it no matter what you done to it

5.7yotafan

100 Posts
yeah the "club" can be cut off if they want it bad enough, they can get a new steering wheels cheap!! an alarm will attract attention if there's anyone around to hear it and actually do something about it, if you do get an alarm, dont go cheap, i suggest Viper, i've had one in the past and never had false alarms or any problems with it, make sure it has the engine immobilizer, a more technically inclined theif can bypass it i'm sure but it will keep some punk kid from jackin your ride!!

Related Content You Might Like: