• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Roof Antenna 2014 Toyota Tacoma

julesverne

My radio just died in my 2014 Tacoma. Every radio supplier has told me I must purchase an external antenna for SiriusXM radio to work. Guess I'm wrong but what is that object located on the rear of the roof? Cannot find it pictured in my manual.

julesverne

The radio was the ENTUNE Audio Plus unit. It did have XM radio but not the NAV app. The model number is 86140-04130. I finally purchased a new JVC unit but was told I needed to install a new antenna for the XM side. I thought that gizmo on the roof was the satellite antenna. I went through the truck manual but found no mention of t at all. Could it be meant for something like On-Star?
Thanks for the help.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah, so if you had XM before then you had an XM satellite antenna. Not sure what would be different about the stock XM vs. the aftermarket JVC XM antenna.

What's the model of the one that you bought?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm guessing that you have two antenna on the outside of your vehicle, so then there will be two connectors to the back of your existing unit and you just plug each into their respective place on the new unit.

julesverne

I think you are correct. I had the JVC tech at the shop do the install. I'll have a conversation with him to try to understand their thinking. The new antenna was mounted on my dash and too easily loses the signal. It's like trying to play old records while driving along if you know what I mean.

Related Content You Might Like: