• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Repairing a totaled 1994 Tacoma

supernovax3

100 Posts
A friend of mine hit a deer with his 94 Tacoma and recently offered to sell it to me for a couple hundred dollars. It's totaled, and needs a new hood, two new fenders, a new grill, new headlights, and everything attached to the core (including the radiator) needs to be replaced. I could buy it and sell the rest of the good parts, but do you guys think it would be worthwhile just to replace the damaged parts and use it? It only had 140k miles on the engine.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Definantly worth while that model Toyota truck is still highly desired and in running condition is worth a couple thousand$$

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
Definantly worth while that model Toyota truck is still highly desired and in running condition is worth a couple thousand$$

But the car sounds like it would need a lot of work. Would you be doing all the repair work yourself?

If you factor in all the time and money, do you think you would still earn a profit?

Also, a lot of people (at least where I live) don't want to buy a truck that has been in a major accident like that.

supernovax3

100 Posts
But the car sounds like it would need a lot of work. Would you be doing all the repair work yourself?

If you factor in all the time and money, do you think you would still earn a profit?

Also, a lot of people (at least where I live) don't want to buy a truck that has been in a major accident like that.
I'd be doing all the repairs myself, but you're right. Not having a clean record makes it harder to sell, unless as a farm truck or something.

Darrin

Who cares about a clean record with a model like that!? Thought I get your point. Well, you can help your friend about the record of the car first before you sell it. Or you can just use it for yourself, that car's a good collection too you know.

gaswerks

Hey a good spot weld drill and mig welder will start things off right. Do a detailed inventory of all parts needed and start your price list. If your friend has not removed anything that helps on missing pieces. A box of baggies (for small pieces,nuts ,bolts,etc.) a sharpie to write on these. The small parts can eat you up.None of the inner structure unbolts from the cab forward, but with patience it could be worth it. We used to take pics of all the steps for a resale portfolio, can ease the mind of a potential buyer to see previous damage and steps to completion. Of course our rebuilds were insurance losses with a salvage or rebuild title and all was recorded. The trucks all looked very nice when finished. Good luck.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
A friend of mine hit a deer with his 94 Tacoma and recently offered to sell it to me for a couple hundred dollars. It's totaled, and needs a new hood, two new fenders, a new grill, new headlights, and everything attached to the core (including the radiator) needs to be replaced. I could buy it and sell the rest of the good parts, but do you guys think it would be worthwhile just to replace the damaged parts and use it? It only had 140k miles on the engine.

Hi supernovax3, any updates, Did you get this figured out?

Related Content You Might Like: