• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Recalled frame

rayvanzant

I just had a recalled and they had to replace the whole frame on a 10 year old truck.How many others had their frames replace from Toyota's recall? Another thing that I have to point out,they replaced everything that was to worn out( fuel filter,brake lines,etc.) to re-hook up after they connected the new frame up.

rayvanzant

Well, this truck has had 3 recalls that I been told about. Back cross member, frame and air bag. When I brought it in for the air bag, they told me the frame needed to be replaced ASAP. So they gave me a Camry as a loaner and replace the frame, when they replace the frame,they had to replace stuff that were to worn to rehook up.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Wow. Replacing a frame is a major recall. Did you notice a bunch of issues, or did they spot it and do the recall?

rayvanzant

I didn't notice any issues,but I think when they checked my cross member a couple year ago,they might have missed the frame starting to rust.Toyota had my truck for like a month and from my understanding,it's was like a $10,000 job to fix between the parts and labor. I did have them replace my rear shocks and front sway arms bushings,since the labor was free.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Wow. Good deal on that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I knew they had the frame corrosion recall but Ive never heard of them replacing the frame, other trucks under the recall were bought back by Toyota if the owner agreed.
If the owner didnt agree they were paid out, Im not sure how much they paid owners.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah. I think it would have made more sense to be a but back. Maybe it was done in pieces where they did $xxxx worth of work before they realized that they had to do frame work on top of that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

rayvanzant

It could have been the condtion of my truck besides a rusty frame.As I have stated else where in have just over 100,000 on a 10 year old truck.I bought in very good condtion over 6 years ago. I don't think I could replace my truck for 15,000

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
Was the truck in good shape overall except for the frame? I agree, sounds like a buyback would have made more sense overall. ???

Related Content You Might Like: