• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

RAV4 native Navigation system($561) or Garmin Navigation($100)?

fblayer

need to replace my old CRV. I don't like the rear of new CRV and plan to buy 2015 RAV4. One local dealer gives a deal: $24100 for 2015 4*2 XLE. Although it is a little higher than some shared prices in autopriceshare, I feel OK with the small price difference. The only question is the Navigation option. The Native Navigation cost $561. However, the Garmin only costs $100. What is the advantages of the RAV4 native navigation? Should I choose this option? Thanks

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
yeah, if you're asking about the cost for getting it from the factory vs. getting a garmin stick-to-the-window ... I might be willing to say go with the factory unit. You're less likely to have someone break your window for a snatch-and-grab and the built-in units are really nice to have, IMHO.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
My wife and I just bought a 2015 RAV4 XLE last month.
After driving one equiped with the Nav and Entune system for a few weeks we chose not to have our vehicle equipped with those items when we purchased it.
One thing to keep in mind was by deleting these items it made finding our RAV4 very hard and restricted our color choices.
The Nav and Entune systems are a very popular option and 90% of RAV4's are equipped from the factory with them.
You may be able to use this as a bargaining chip i.e. you dont want the NAV/Entune but do want a certain color, color being the deal breaker, maybe the can reduce the option prices.

Related Content You Might Like: