• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

power steering lines

zoeysdad

I have a leak in one of the tubes where they run along frame behind radiator. I thought I would just buy new tubes, but all I am finding for the high pressure side is a $500 assembly. Can I get tubes cut to length and shape and install them? Only paid $1000 for the truck and hate spending money on it. Thanks.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
That shouldnt be a problem.
If your in doubt look for a local hydraulic shop to do the bending. Im sure they can make the part much cheaper than your finding it.
Ive used local shops in the past for hard to find lines and been much happier with the end quality and price.

zoeysdad

That shouldnt be a problem.
If your in doubt look for a local hydraulic shop to do the bending. Im sure they can make the part much cheaper than your finding it.
Ive used local shops in the past for hard to find lines and been much happier with the end quality and price.
Thanks a lot!

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I have usually used hydraulic shop for power steering lines. Last one I had done in stainless braided line ,,,pricey($100 for stainless braid) but I had quite a maze to snake through.....Bring in your old line with END FITTINGS.

zoeysdad

I have usually used hydraulic shop for power steering lines. Last one I had done in stainless braided line ,,,pricey($100 for stainless braid) but I had quite a maze to snake through.....Bring in your old line with END FITTINGS.
thank you

zoeysdad

Finished the job. Local NAPA/truck repair shop took a piece of brake line off the shelf, bent it to match, charged me less than $10.00, worked great. Thanks for your help.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Simple and cheap fixes are the best. Did you get a pic of that before/during the install?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Thats what Im talking about.
oem is great for parts, but their not the only supplier around.

Related Content You Might Like: