• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Performance modifications?

Sparky1444

So, I'm looking to get a little more out of my truck both in power and miles per gallon. What have people done to there trucks to get either or both of those things. I was thinking of getting new headers and a high flow muffler. Thoughts?

Also, I wanted to throw up a picture of my truck. This pic is a little old (it has new BFG all- terrain tires now). I'll post more pics when I have a chance to take some.

Attachments

ARMTDAWG586064

So, I'm looking to get a little more out of my truck both in power and miles per gallon. What have people done to there trucks to get either or both of those things. I was thinking of getting new headers and a high flow muffler. Thoughts?

Also, I wanted to throw up a picture of my truck. This pic is a little old (it has new BFG all- terrain tires now). I'll post more pics when I have a chance to take some.

I just installed K&N Filter Intake SYS on my and it's really good. Got it on AMAZON for really good price plus it has Chrome pipe, RedBoots and hose it helped some. Got a GForce programmer on the way for install also. I installed a GForce on my SX4 and it worked as advertised. More power and depending on driving tactics 3-5mpg increase in cruise mode/2mpg increase in town mode.

suncomb1

If your attached photo is your truck and you have a 22R or RE then the sky is the limit. I pull a little over 300 HP with the rev limiter dialed in at 6500 RPM ( I can go more if I reset some things). Seriously though, do not make the mistakes many people do by adding this and that and expecting not to have problems. Example: you stated you want to add a header and free flowing exhaust system well you will have to re-jet your carb or re-adjust your FI system and possibly your ignition timing because you will end up on the lean side (not good) due to better exhaust exit flow. The suggestion of a K&N Air filter by ARMDAWG586064 previously is excellent. You will get a little more air flow but not so much that requires you to make major adjustments or changes. Think things out first (plan) before spending your hard earned money on things that will end up costing you more money because the changes you make requires additional components and / or work.

22RTE

well, it depends on what you have in that truck... if you have the 3VZ in it, then I'd ditch that engine and put a 5VZ instead... it's a direct bolt in, well, some mods like motor mounts and harness, but I know they make a kit for the swap, but if you have the 22R or RE, well, RE is preferable, because you can swap it out with a 22RTE engine... you got things to think about, tell us the specs on that truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Related Content You Might Like: