• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Oil leak ~ 1985 Toyota 22R p/u

Billy

Need help, PLEASE !!! The rear main seal was leaking so i had it repaired 2 weeks ago ... I noticed today that oil is leakin again from the same area (where the clutch dust cover meets the transmission) but this time the oil that is leaking is thicker and smells of transmission gear oil ... Was thinking it might be the transmission pump seal this time but the engine oil level has also dropped about 1/2 qt. ... Can ANYBODY tell me what the heck might be going on ??? :confused: ... :confused: ... :confused: ... THX ...

dirtydeeds

Gold Vendor
100 Posts
Maybe they didn't install the rear main correctly? Rear of the valve cover leaking?

Billy

Maybe they didn't install the rear main correctly? Rear of the valve cover leaking?
Yeah he installed it correctly ... I was there when he put it in ... The only place it's leaking from is the drain hole just under the clutch ... The rest of the engine is dry.

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
Hmmm do you have a external slave cylinder what I mean is, is the slave cylinder on the outside of the bell housing or inside the bell housing that could be leaking I'm just throwing options out there now you said it smells like gear oil or tranny fluid and I take its a manual trans since you made mention of the clutch dust cover maybe it could be leaking where the input shaft goes into the trans its just a thought as for your engine oil level does the truck smoke any when its running you could be using a little bit of oil so it could be comming from that. And are you sure it isn't the rear main leaking again cause it could they might have installed it right but it didn't seat good

Billy

OK, think i got it taken care of ... I put it back up on my mechanic's lift and tore it all down today ... The rear main had'nt sealed correctly so reinstalled it ... {You were right about that, 1 bad tacoma. 'Touche'.} ... Also, the transmission pump gasket was bad so replaced it ... Anyway, i'm almost 100% sure it's all good now ... Guess only time will tell ... Keepin' a eye on it for the next few days ... Thanks y'all ... :cool:

gladden

An oil leak is just too bad. I just hate it when the people you trust with your truck do some lousy job.

Related Content You Might Like: