• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Noobie ~ 2014 Bright White Tacoma Double Cab SR

rickoshay45

Just joined. I have a 2014 Bright White Tacoma Double Cab SR. My first real truck. I did have a Dodge Rampage back in the day but that wasn't a real truck. Was Riding a 2007 Harley Davidson Electraglide Classic as my daily driver before but a bear ran out in front of me and now the bike is history. Both of us walked away.
That was my first (and only) HD out of 17 bikes. It will be the last. I really needed some reliability in my ride after the HD so I bought the Taco. I put 114K on the HD in 7 years so I should rack up some miles quickly on the truck. So far I only have a few things I don't like and am slowly dealing with them.
No variable wipers: $125 and 15 minutes and I have OEM variables.
Mirror too low. $30 and a kit that a guy on another forum makes and that's solved.
Didn't like the way the seat bottom slants so sharply to the rear. $30 and a set of spacers will correct that.
Next to come a backup camera and a Undercover G4 Tonneau Cover.

Attachments

Perackfez

Does the Tacoma not already come with a back-up camera? Anyways, good luck with your Toyota, the Taco' is probably one of the most popular vehicles on this forum from what I've seen. You'll fit right in!

rickoshay45

Pics added and the SR version and the Base do not come with a backup camera. Oddly the Double Cab is wired and hooked up for it since it has an Entune system. I also want a locking tailgate so I can buy an camera and a Pop N Lock with the Bolt technology for under $300. It's $600 to $700 just to buy the OEM camera from the dealer.

So your truck model has the fog lights, color matched door handles, fenders, bumper, grill surround and mirrors with turn indicators, entune, tow package and privacy tint windows..... Seems like the SR5 or TRD Sport package almost. I would think that the back-up camera and int. wipers would be included.
My 2012 4x4 Dbl cab SR5 had the camera and int. wipers amongst other things... did Toyota go cheap on their packages???

Jesse

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Hey @rickoshay45, what is the "Pop N Lock" ... Are you going to add a backup camera to your truck?

edit: I just looked it up. So for the Pop N Lock tailgate security thing, is that going to prevent camera theft? Sorry, just not seen that before mentioned as an option over OEM.

rickoshay45

Mine is the SR not the SR5. The SR package is new this year I believe and is a cheaper package also the Baja Wheels are included..
The reason for the Pop N Lock is so when I add the cover I can separately lock the tailgate. If you unplug the camera cable under the truck and open the tailgate about 30 degrees it will lift right off. There is quite a market for used tailgates because they often get very beat up. A new one is over $1000.00. You can stop theft by putting a hose clamp around the hinge housing to cover the cutout. Most thieves are not going to take the time to unscrew it. Also Walmart has a type of hose clamp that uses a special tool that comes with. I just want to be able to remove the gate easily if I decide too. And it is an option to buy it with the camera and converter cable to change over to the aftermarket camera.

Related Content You Might Like: