• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

No high-beams

Boisean

I just purchased a 1994 pickup and the high-beams didn't work. So I replaced both headlight assemblies thinking that might cure the problem. Well, it didn't. The blue icon on the dash still lights up when I select brights, but the lights completely shut off at the same time. Ideas?

5.7yotafan

100 Posts
I'm pretty sure you have dual purpose bulbs right? ( One bulb used for highs and lows) if so, check your relays, it wouldn't hurt to check your fuses but since the lows work they're probably fine, after that maybe check the headlight switch.

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
You have a bad relay its not the switch cause you are getting power to the light in the dash but nothing for high beams sounds to me thr relay contacts are shot

antonino

100 Posts
When buying older trucks, we can expect some minor problems like this. A 1994 Toyota pick up with high beam problem is a minor one. As long as the engine's fine, and you bought it at a reasonable price, then it's worth it.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I just purchased a 1994 pickup and the high-beams didn't work. So I replaced both headlight assemblies thinking that might cure the problem. Well, it didn't. The blue icon on the dash still lights up when I select brights, but the lights completely shut off at the same time. Ideas?

What causes this problem?

Related Content You Might Like: