• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

No ac in 1981 sr5 pickup.

TowerDog92

Despite my searching I have not been able to determine if the 81 sr5 came with a ac system. I have found aftermarket kits but I'm really wanting to know it originally came with it or not. Does anyone know? Thanks.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Prior to 1996 a/c was a dealer add-on for many Toyota's, but especially the truck line.
In that era many Toyota vehicles were imported as a base vehicle then options were added on.
Some pickups even shipped to the U.S. without beds on them, all these add ons kept the import tax low enough to allow Toyota to offer decent pricing.

TowerDog92

Thanks. So I'm probably going to have to look for aftermarket kits then? Have you ever had any experience with installing them?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Try a1auto parts (one of our sponsors) as they specialize in aftermarket parts for vehicles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I installed a dealer kit on a 1994 Truck (in 1994), it was truly a much different vehicle than your 81.

suncomb1

Go to the yotatech WEB site and send a private message to TREKKER PAUL. He usually has a lot of 1st generation truck parts. Tell him what you are looking for. If he does not have it he can most likely tell you where to look. Another aftermarket A/C system is Vintage Air. I use them in my Street Rods and Customs. They are high quality systems that are trouble free for years.

Related Content You Might Like: