• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

New to the Toyota Family and forum

88yota

Hey guys. My name is mike and like the title says i am new to the Toyota's. I'm from upstate South Carolina. I basically know nothing about these trucks so i will probably be asking a lot of "dumb" questions throughout my adventure with this daily driver yota. Its an 88 Toyota regular cab 4x4 with the 22RE motor 5spd. It has a lot of miles on the truck 280,000 i think. So any advice or information on these trucks will be appreciated. I look forward to communicating with you guys and gals in the future.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Well Mike you started out with one of the better Toyota trucks, 88 was a good model year and the 22re is known for giving long faithful service.
Watch the front diff seals and cv boots, they can take a lot of abuse but if yours are oem they should be ready for some tlc soon.
The beds on these trucks are corrosion prone, get in front of that problem by searching for the corrosion and treating/sealing the metal before it gets to bad.
You should be looking at a rebuild in the next 70k, theres lots of tricks to make the engine more durable and produce more hp, just keep in mind its not a big power house so if future mods include big tires leave enough in the budget for new gears, the engine/trans will pull almost any tire package you could bolt on if you use proper gearing, you might not go fast with bigger tires but with proper gearing youll be able to go places other larger trucks wont.

88yota

Thank you for the info.. Does anyone sell dash pads or anything to cover up the cracked dash's? What is a good website to order things like that and maybe new seats etc.

88yota

Yes i do i cant figure out how to upload it though.... yoter.jpg well there we go haha.... IDK how to make it my sig pic

LoveTaco

100 Posts
Hi 88yota Welcome to the club...

how to make it my sig pic?

Click on Setting above the page, this located before logout

Then after the page go to setting page select edit signature on the left side on My Setting block...

There you go...

Related Content You Might Like: