• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

New to me 97 T100 with questions

autovon

Hello all, new here and have some questions for y’all. I was given a 97 T100 3.4l 4x4 Auto extended cab with a blown motor. Pretty sure the engine isn’t repairable—will start but runs horribly and pukes oil out of the right side near the motor mount. Cracked block, maybe? Anyway, thinking a replacement engine is the way to go (unless someone has better advice). I do know there will be some issues with oil pan clearance and oil dipstick location with an engine from a non-T100.

I found these engines and am considering them:

1. Engine from a 98 4Runner 2WD with 250k miles. He is a business and sent a video of it running. Price is $850 firm.

2. Engine from a 96 T100 with only 160k miles. From an private seller. Can also pick up a spare tranny and transfer case for a bit more. $600 for engine.

Also, do I need to get the ECM of the engine if from a different type of vehicle or different year T100? Any thoughts and advice is welcome. I would like to stay stock, so don’t wanna do a 350 Chevy or 4BT swap. Also, this will not be my primary vehicle but a farm truck.

Related Content You Might Like: