• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

New shoes installed! Nitto Terra Grappler Tires

SharkRider

100 Posts
My friend put on 305/45/22 Nitto Terra Grapplers on KMC Slide 22x9.5 black ET38. They look amazing.

Has anyone else used Terra Grapplers?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chase

I was checking them out for a while, they seem really nice. I'm glad that you gave your opinion about them as well.

Brad

100 Posts
Never tried them, but I have to say, they do look pretty awesome and they'd suit the truck I plan to get. How much are they?

DIRTYWHITEBOY

I had them on my 03 Silverado Duramax. With economical driving, those +- 1500 dollar tires lasted me all of 30k miles.

Maybe on a 1500 series, they would last longer, but my longevity experience was horrible. 10 ply Coopers gave me 60, and were 2/3 the price.

carldu

I have Terra Grapplers on my rig. Have 20k on them and still have have good amount of tread and holding up real good. Hope to get 40k out of them. The reason why I bought them is the price at http://4wheelonline.com. On my next change, I'm thinking of getting the Trail Grapplers.

i just went with the kenda klevers they have a higher tread rating for wear . i know it doesnt always mean anything its the compound and driving style . after driving my bmw al summer i gotta control myself .

Spitfisher

Nice if you do a lot of dirt roads secondary roads and such, but on the highway or smooth roads due to the exposed lugs and open sipes they'll be loud and hum quite a bit. Looks wise yeah they are nice when parked, but from practical standpoint on pavement not what I would consider a wise buy.

If you are looking for the best value in a tire, with traction, quiet, wear extremely well, much better mileage that you will notice and will last twice maybe 3x as long as those ( someone above mentioned they hoped to get 30-40K out of them) if you keep them rotated, buy the Michelin LTX. yep they cost more, but you can't get a better rolling tire.

They'll pay for the difference over the life of the tire just in fuel savings. Likewise buy them at Costco or autofair and use the free lifetime balance and life time rotation every 5000 miles.

and no I don't work for Michelin, but have bought the LTX 1/2 dozen times for various SUV and trucks and they have worked great in harshest new england winters and often i get 90K plus out of them.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Nice if you do a lot of dirt roads secondary roads and such, but on the highway or smooth roads due to the exposed lugs and open sipes they'll be loud and hum quite a bit. Looks wise yeah they are nice when parked, but from practical standpoint on pavement not what I would consider a wise buy.

If you are looking for the best value in a tire, with traction, quiet, wear extremely well, much better mileage that you will notice and will last twice maybe 3x as long as those ( someone above mentioned they hoped to get 30-40K out of them) if you keep them rotated, buy the Michelin LTX. yep they cost more, but you can't get a better rolling tire.

They'll pay for the difference over the life of the tire just in fuel savings. Likewise buy them at Costco or autofair and use the free lifetime balance and life time rotation every 5000 miles.

and no I don't work for Michelin, but have bought the LTX 1/2 dozen times for various SUV and trucks and they have worked great in harshest new england winters and often i get 90K plus out of them.
What truck did you put the Michelin LTX tires on? 90k miles really? That's pretty impressive.

Spitfisher

What truck did you put the Michelin LTX tires on? 90k miles really? That's pretty impressive.
My last truck with them was a Nissan pathfinder, now keep in mind most of it was highway and I religiously had them balance and rotated ever 5000 miles, with no exception. The tires are rated for 70-80K. When purchasing Tires you need to look at the life time costs of ownership. Some of the stores such as costco and townfair tire offer free life time everything for the life of the tire- including nitrogen fill. Michelin and couple of others have testing that privides data of fuel savings cost over thelife of the tire. Again if you are doing 50% on the highway, 35% around town and 15% off road/dirt road in avariety of wet conditions I don't think you'll ever regret the performance if the Michelin LTX tire at 20K on or 60K on it. Yes, it can be a tough pill to swallow cost wise, but that always the case with quality, performance and longevity.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
My last truck with them was a Nissan pathfinder, now keep in mind most of it was highway and I religiously had them balance and rotated ever 5000 miles, with no exception. The tires are rated for 70-80K. When purchasing Tires you need to look at the life time costs of ownership. Some of the stores such as costco and townfair tire offer free life time everything for the life of the tire- including nitrogen fill. Michelin and couple of others have testing that privides data of fuel savings cost over thelife of the tire. Again if you are doing 50% on the highway, 35% around town and 15% off road/dirt road in avariety of wet conditions I don't think you'll ever regret the performance if the Michelin LTX tire at 20K on or 60K on it. Yes, it can be a tough pill to swallow cost wise, but that always the case with quality, performance and longevity.
Really good insight on these tires, thanks for sharing.

Related Content You Might Like: