• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

New here and need some help with tranny

88yota

Hey guys, I drove my new 1988 4x4 5spd to work for the first time today and it failed to get me home :mad:. Apparently the input shaft or something in the transmission broke. What time of transmission does my truck have and where is a good place to get replacement parts for it? Thanks for all the help.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
If its the stock Toyota trans it should be a W56-B, probably the best source of parts and information for this transmission would be Marlin Czajkowski of Marlins crawler transfer cases and transmissions.
I wouldnt be exagerating to say they know these trans better than trained Toyota factory techs and engineers. Marrlin has taught Toyota a few things about their products.

88yota

okay thanks for the information. I checked their website and i didn't see where i could buy the input shaft. I'm going to call him tomorrow and talk with them about it and see what they say. I called Toyota and for the input shaft, cage bearing and needle bearings and seal they wanted $641. That is outrageous

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Yea you wont get any love from Toyota on those parts, remember thats an out of production trans and any parts they have for it will be considered NOS which puts a premium price on it.
Im fairly confident Marlin can lead you in the best direction.

88yota

Dang. I spoke with him and he said he couldn't order me any hard parts for the transmission. I found a 5spd transmission out of a 94 4x4 Toyota. Do those transmissions bolt directly up or are they the same ones?

Related Content You Might Like: