• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

New dummy with big problem!

mmason

Hey, My name is Matt Mason, I am originally from Minnesota but now in Colorado. I have a 82' Toyota pick-up with a 22R. It started making knocking noises and found out it is only running on two cylinders. I need to know what the best thing would be to do. Just need to know weather I should buy a new motor, used motor, or rebuild. 4 or 6 cylinder? This truck is being used for a daily commuter and as a toy. I have about $2,400 to work with. Please let me know what you guys think would be the best idea, I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks,
MMASON

5.7yotafan

100 Posts
The 22r is a great engine! I'd rebuild it or see if you can find a decent used engine. Only thing is if you buy a used engine you don't really know what you're getting and might end up rebuilding that engine instead! If you just rebuild yours, you'll know the engine is good and will run.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Hey, My name is Matt Mason, I am originally from Minnesota but now in Colorado. I have a 82' Toyota pick-up with a 22R. It started making knocking noises and found out it is only running on two cylinders. I need to know what the best thing would be to do. Just need to know weather I should buy a new motor, used motor, or rebuild. 4 or 6 cylinder? This truck is being used for a daily commuter and as a toy. I have about $2,400 to work with. Please let me know what you guys think would be the best idea, I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks,
MMASON

Hi I am curious to know what you decided to do? Did you go for new motor, used motor or rebuild it ?

Related Content You Might Like: