• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Need advice on choice of new shock absorbers on my 2004 Reg Cab 2WD

Grumpyoldcoot

I am the second owner of a 2004 base model regular-cab 2WD Tacoma with 2.4L engine. At 101,000 miles, the truck runs and looks like new, but it may need new shocks. The truck's suspension has always been jittery (I have owned and driven it for only 22,000 miles), and I have no idea if the truck was designed this way, or if in fact the original Toyota shocks and/or spring setup were just poorly designed to begin with.

I usually don't haul heavy items, don't plan on adding a camper shell, etc., so I really don't think I would require heavy duty shocks. I am more interested in a smoother ride, without the jittery feeling when going over small bumps and even slightly rough road surfaces. I know that if the springs were poorly designed

I haven't talked to anyone at Tire Rack yet. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Barry

Last edited:

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Billsteins are normally the best shocks for these trucks if they havent been lifted or lowered. They offer the best ride available, yea their a little more expensive but the ride is worth the price.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
What type and size tire are on there? Have you replaced them since you bought the truck?

toyotasrule

100 Posts
Any luck on finding shock absorbers for your Truck? I thought about seeing if I could find some photos of examples to post. Maybe later I will :).

danstpierre

100 Posts
Why not try talking to people from Tire Rack. They're very courteous and honest. You won't regret it.

jimmyno

Well, we have our guy from AutoAnything here. Why not follow his advise. Maybe he can give you some discount? Is that ok with you Clark?

Related Content You Might Like: