• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Navigation & GPS - Built in or portable?

Navigation? Built-in or Portable?

• I have (or prefer) a built-in Nav unit.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I have (or prefer) a portable unit like Garmin or Tom-Tom.

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • I don't have (or want) a Nav/GPS unit.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Truckin

What does everyone prefer on here? A built-in GPS and Navigation system, or an aftermarket unit like a Garmin or Tom-Tom?

5.7yotafan

100 Posts
I like the portable gps devices. If you have more than one vehicle you can switch easily. Plus the cost is much lower with the portable. I have a Garmin and I love it, I use it all the time even if I know how to get where I'm going and its shown me a couple quicker ways to get places.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I prefer the built-in when it comes to features, ease of use, the sound quality of the speaker, the larger screen size, etc.

However, there is something to be said for having a take-along GPS for when you get out and start walking, or go to another vehicle. However, on a feature-by-feature basis, I like it being built-in, but that's just me overall.

Misprint

I prefer built-in because it is easier to use especially the ones with big screens. The Tom-Tom is cool though because you can even use it even if you are no longer driving.

02 Taco

The one drag about portable is I have to remove and hide it when I leave my truck. Leaving it stuck to your window is inviting a broken window and losing your gps. I like it being able to switch cars but being built in deters theft a little more, imo.

MD_Weems

100 Posts
We personally like the portable GPS systems because we can easily switch it out to any car we are in

Related Content You Might Like: