• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

My '87 + tree branch = need for new bumper

GearHead

100 Posts
I was driving the other night when I came around a corner and hit a massive tree limb about 10 inches in diameter that was in the road. The front end is fine mechanically, but I need a replacement bumper plus the thin piece that goes on below it. I'm thinking maybe of heading to a junk yard to find these things but is there anywhere i can order new body parts for this truck? Thanks!

Lester

I wouldn't have a clue. I'm assuming for a truck that old yes the junkyard would be the best place, or maybe eBay but you probably would get a better deal at a junkyard. This thread is a ways old though. How did your replacement project pan out?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I was driving the other night when I came around a corner and hit a massive tree limb about 10 inches in diameter that was in the road. The front end is fine mechanically, but I need a replacement bumper plus the thin piece that goes on below it. I'm thinking maybe of heading to a junk yard to find these things but is there anywhere i can order new body parts for this truck? Thanks!
Wow, that sucks. Do you have any photos?

antonino

100 Posts
I always recommend craigslist, or your local used cars shop. If you can find something useful in the junkyard, then good. But I have doubts if you can.

balihaisen

100 Posts
Sometimes, if you know how to and where to find one, then there is a very big probability you can find it in the junk yard.

supernovax3

100 Posts
Oh no, that's awful! I'm sorry to hear about your truck. I would try a used auto parts store..they usually sell or can find the part youre looking for.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts

Hi GearHead, any updates to your truck? Did you fix the issue so far?

Related Content You Might Like: