• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Multifocal "bi-focal" contact lenses

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Anyone else have these? I finally got an eye exam and the dr gave me bausch & lomb ultra multi. I can certainly see up close better but i was 30 feet away this sign in a hospital waiting room (not for me) and this was blurry. Thoughts? They say they'll get clearer in a couple of weeks.

20190213_193640.jpg

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
I have progressive lens glasses. and have had them for IDK 12 plus years. I started with just 1 contact lens as that is all I needed at the time. This does nothing for close distance reading. How is your vision without glasses? Is it just up close reading ECT that your having issues with? This happens around age 40 to 45 or so. If all you need is reading correction, then just get some reading glasses. Start with 1.5 power. If you start wearing vision correction glasses, you will need them all of the time. Trouble is as we age, your eyes do get weaker and weaker. Try this simple test. Are things clear and at what distance, and do this one eye at a time. If things are clear and sharp until you get to an arms length away, then all you need is reading glasses. If things are blurry any farther away than that, then you need vision correction. There are a lot of thing to get rite when doing glasses especially for the first time. You may need to make several trips back to the DR office to get things rite.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
My vision was corrected to 20/15 with contacts. Yeah, doctor said i hit the wall for presbyopia or "old eyes".

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Reading glasses I found to be a pain, cuz I'm frequently in reading something, not instructions of course. You spend half your day putting reading glasses on or looking for them.:D
I relented 15 years ago and just wear my transitional bifocal glasses all the time. I do take them off for driving. Also had prescription RayBans so I can see to bait my finger when out fishing. One of the pros of glasses is they do offer you some protection, just don't use them for grinding like l did with my first pair.

Related Content You Might Like: