• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Looking for a good BOX 84' Toy longbed

So I get my box off the frame and body shop says probably cheaper to replace than fix the damage to the floor...any body have a good line on a place I can get a decent bed for this rig....Im not having any luck in my search

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
They may say it'll be cheaper but what they arent saying is it depends on if you can find a bed thats in useable condition.
Very few vendors or yards with good bodyparts for those model trucks.
Best bet would be to start looking up resources in southern California or Arizona. Craigslist or salvage yards.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Most of the resto trucks Ive seen of that model and yr have either flat metal for bed floors, a chop & cut floor from a later Toyota bed, or in 1 case I saw a custom wood slat with stainless made from a kit for an early Chevy.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah. Resto-mod is your best bet for this type of project imho. Get the best bed you can get for the money and make it work.

Last edited:

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I have replaced floors in a couple truck boxes. One I used 3/16 steel checker plate, another I used 14ga steel. Its a days work to remove the old floor and weld some new metal in. You could also cut out the tin and lay down a wood bed. Good luck finding a rust free box.

22RTE

hey toyotafan... i got a fiberglass bed for my truck, it's a 4x4 bed on my 2x4 truck and it's sweet! it cost a whole lot, but it's made really durable, won't rust, and looks factory! http://www.toyotafiberglass.com/truck_9.html that's their website, only bad part is, they're in canada, so the shipping is crazy expensive, but if all else fails in finding a box, this would be your best bet bro, hope this helps...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Technically the prices arent bad, shipping and any duty fees might make it expensive.
First time Ive seen that company, looks like quality parts.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
First time I had seen that company also. We were looking for a box for later model '88 truck and found fibreglass boxes being manufactured in the US for about the same money... How 'bout a ford ranger box. Early '90's stepsides had no body lines. Once painted to match truck it would blend right in..just a thought..

Related Content You Might Like: