• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Looking for a 1970-1972 Toyota Pickup

jmcrawfo

When I was in high school, my dad bought a used Toyota pickup. It was torquoise and seemed to just run and run and run. Never had a lick of trouble with it in the south Texas heat.

Is there a business that specializes in Toyotas of this vintage? I would really like to find one to tinker with. As I recall, the engine was simple and small. It was standard shift and a lot of fun to drive. What would one expect to pay for a "decent" (running, stopping) truck of this age?

John Crawford
Spring Hill, TN

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
I live in Western Colorado--truck country--and I haven't seen one of these for sale--ever--and I look at CL and FB daily. Pretty hard to find. It took me 2 years to find my '83 4x4 that I'm now trying to sell--so far unsuccessfully, as I'm obviously asking too much for it.

As far as price goes, I recall that those early trucks were all 2WD, so lots of folks won't be too interested. It all depends on condition, condition, condition. I would guess less than $1000 for a poor one, but multiple thousands for a pristine original or a restored one. I'm thinking that not too many folks restore these due to scarcity, only 2WD, and lack of parts--it would be a tough job.

I'm afraid all I have to offer you is a wish for good luck in your search. I would try and find the BEST example I could, regardless of price. Why? Cuz parts will be near impossible to find, especially trim/interior pieces.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
When I was in high school, my dad bought a used Toyota pickup. It was torquoise and seemed to just run and run and run. Never had a lick of trouble with it in the south Texas heat.

Is there a business that specializes in Toyotas of this vintage? I would really like to find one to tinker with. As I recall, the engine was simple and small. It was standard shift and a lot of fun to drive. What would one expect to pay for a "decent" (running, stopping) truck of this age?

John Crawford
Spring Hill, TN
Welcome to the site.

Sorry, trucks of that age are going to be a hard find. Just keep your eyes out on craigslist, autotrader, etc. Might look on ebay as well.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Also,when out and about, riding in the country always keep your eyes peeled. When you least expect it you may run across one sitting. Of course, it may be a project truck -- worth a shot.

Related Content You Might Like: