• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Looking at buying a 2013 Toyota 4Runner, Any Suggestions?

Miranda Kay

TTC Chicks
Hey Everyone,

I am considering buying a 2013 Toyota 4Runner. I have a few questions about this model. Does anyone on the forum own a 2013 Toyota 4Runner and if so, did you opt for the Off-road trail edition? How much of a difference does it make when off-roading? We plan on taking the vehicle off-road quite frequently, I am just wondering if it is necessary. Also curious about fuel ecnomy, I read the EPA at 17 city/22 highway, is this correct? Finally, if anyone on here owns this model, have you ran into any issues? And are you completely happy with the purchase?

Thanks

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
What are your overall plans, you say take it off-road quite frequently, but what does that mean ... where do you live and how far and long are you going to go offroad?

Miranda Kay

TTC Chicks
What are your overall plans, you say take it off-road quite frequently, but what does that mean ... where do you live and how far and long are you going to go offroad?
I live in Northwest Ohio, so the terrain isn't mountainy, we go camping most of the summer so my off-roading will be on basic trails, but they can get really muddy at times. Also winters, especially this one are harsh, so I didn't know if the trail model will help when driving in deep snow.
Thanks

PaleoMama

Staff member
TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Community Leader
I live in Northwest Ohio, so the terrain isn't mountainy, we go camping most of the summer so my off-roading will be on basic trails, but they can get really muddy at times. Also winters, especially this one are harsh, so I didn't know if the trail model will help when driving in deep snow.
Thanks
Miranda, it's been a little while since you posted this, but I'll answer, just in case you (or anyone else reading this thread) are still shopping.

The Trail would probably suit your needs better, as this particular trim comes with the Crawl Control and Multi-Terrain Select systems. You can specifically dial in to a mud/sand setting. That's the recommended setting for off-roading through deep snow, too.

The 2013 and 2014 are similar. Here's a video of off-road driving through snow. Just don't fall through an icy pond like this dude and you'll be fine ;)

Related Content You Might Like: