• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Lightening Strike

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Been offline but finally got the DSL reconnected and back to surfing again. We took a lightning strike in our backyard back on the evening of May 31st. We were eating dinner and had a front row seat at the sliding door. Don't know exactly the point of impact since the flash was so bright and the sound of thunder was deafening.

The lightning came up through the well cap and blew the cap apart from the inside. Same with the phone box--blew it open and apart from the inside. Pretty much all of my electronics have surge protectors but still lost a few minor things. We lucked out -- it could have been much worse. Good to be back online!!

Damaged items:
2 battery minders/desulfators
1 DirecTV cable
1 Well Cap
1 Phone NIT
1 DSL modem
1 PC Battery backup
1 USB Port
1 Davis WeatherLink IP Data Logger
1 Video Surveillance system

Last edited:

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Did you hear the buzz of electricity before the strike? When I was working offshore in the Gulf of Mexico, there was a lot of times that the rig I was on was struck by lightening. First the buzz, then the blinding flash, and then the thunder so loud it is deafening, almost all at the same time, but not quite. Sometimes it would play havoc with the equipment, and other times it would not. If you have not seen it up very close, it is hard to imagine just how powerful it really is. Glad your all good.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Dang. I was on the phone when i was a kid and lightning struck the telephone line in front of the house, i was looking at it. And was thrown backward on the ground. Not fun. Glad yourok.

Related Content You Might Like: