• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Light Bars Question

fwendy

Hi folks, I drive a 2014 Tundra, and I am new to the forum. This is my first post here.
I was wondering, if anyone here has got a good wiring diagram for off-road light bars for the Tundra?
I plan doing something similar to what's in the picture

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Welcome to the forum. Someone who's a bit more electrical savvy then myself will post up and help you out.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
What state do you live in?
The reason I ask is some states require off-road lights to be wired through the high beam lights, which requires a slightly different wire routing.
Personally I normally make my own harnesses;
I use heavy gauge wire (determined by light output) between the battery and a relay, relay mounted as close to and between lights and battery, and again heavy wire between relay and lights.
Lighter gauge wire to the in cab switches from the relay.
Heaviest gauge wire I can find for ground, and run directly to the closest suitable ground point.
If you have to use existing lights as signal wire to relay use heavy gauge and tap in close to the lights.
With multiple light sets use 1 switch and 1 relay per light set, don't try to stack as overloading can cause poor light performance and shorts.
Always wire in a fuse appropriate to amperage traveling through the wires for signal wires and power wires.
Use heat shrink for all wire connections and wire looms to protect all harnesses.
Solder all connections and tin all wire ends for best results.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
You need to use a relay directly off of the battery. If you dont know how to wire a relay, there are a lot of good videos on you tube that will explane this. Spend a little time look around youtube, and you will find what you are looking for. It doesnt matter what car or truck you add a relay to, they are all work the.same way.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Never wire auxiliary lights to headlight switch. Large fines possible in some areas to the tune of $300 for each additional light. I wonder if they would count each of the 10,000 LEDs as a light:) When you turn high beams on only 4 beams should be illuminated

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Thats different for each state Jazz.
In Ca. Off-road lights can only be turned on when the highbeams are on. Ga. You can use high beams or running lights but no low beams.

Related Content You Might Like: