• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Last minute sports tickets ~ Stubhub is your friend!

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
My middle-kid turned 6 on Monday of this week, but his best friend Alex was sick and could not come to the party. So I'm going to take both of them to the Texas Rangers vs. LA Angels game at the Ballpark in Arlington (now Globe Life Park, but it's still The Ballpark in Arlington to me).

Anyhow, we could sit in the nosebleed bleachers for like $12 face value, something like that ... why? In case you've not been to a sports event in the past 5 years, there is a very significant ticket resale market thanks to eBay and sites like Stubhub where anyone not going to the game can sell their tickets in an electronic format.

What does that mean for those who want tickets?

Well, many of the tickets were placed on Stubhub by season ticket holders who write-off the tickets as business expenses. Then they go to the marque games, like when the Yankees come to town, Opening day and in case anything happens like a streak happens to one of the players and they want to be there just in case.

Because the season ticket holder is essentially paying 60% of the face value of the single-person, single-game ticket ... they can get all of the tickets that they want for the games that they want and then sell the rest and in a good season they can sometimes break-even or at least recoup the cost of the tickets that they used paid for by the income from the re-sold tickets.

However, if the team struggles, like the Rangers have done this year ... it's a place to dump the tickets and at least get something out of it. That's where we find ourselves at tonight.

Three Tickets - 3 hours before gametime (Stubhub closes all sales down 2 hours before gametime by the way!) ... if I drove to the ballpark, like I said, I could get upper-deck seats with no view of the scoreboard ... for $14 each, plus a bunch of charges to that as well. Total for three tickets if going through the ticket office? $57.50.

STUBHUB CHALLENGE

Three hours before gametime, what are the best tickets I can get for less than$57.50?

Right now, it looks like there are some Lower Infield tickets going for $19.00/each. Lower Infield 33, Row 21. So for three tickets, we're looking at a flat $57.

Here's the difference between the $57.50 for 3 grandstand reserved seats when purchasing from the ticket office ...

140700.jpg

... and the stub hub lower infield seats for $57.00 for 3 ....

140624.jpg

Not a bad way to go to a ballgame now is it???

Perackfez

StubHub is one of the better sites for tickets. I usually have to buy scalper's ridiculous prices to even think of getting into a sold concert - plus they're ridiculous prices. TicketMaster is just as bad. Will try StubHub next time I can.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Ive known about stub hub for a while, just hadnt used them.
I'll have to give them a try soon.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Turns out they have dropped the 2-hour-before-gametime rule! I was able to score some good tickets for opening day and I might take my middle boy to a game tonight which is in 2.25 hours from now. Might try to get some cheap tickets as he usually wants to leave early, but you never know what you're going to get.

Related Content You Might Like: