• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

just sharing my $600 yota

ghostcivic

PHTO0544.jpgPHTO0535.jpg
PHTO0534.jpg
My $600 truck.
dry rot tires
leaking front shocks
holes in frame
fenders shot
no rear brakes (master cylinder or brake lines...or both)
leaking valve cover
2 holes in the floor boards
small hole in rocker
windshield trim held in place with silicone
exhuast needs welded and new muffler
wooden bed is old and needs replacing

Well, thats all the stuff it would need in order to pass inspection...LOL. Runs pretty well tho. Fun offroad and goes down the road well also. Got a antique plate on it to drive onroad. Working on patching the fenders/floor/rocker now.
Not sure how bad the holes in frame are. Guy how inspected it said it should be a yard truck, but he is kinda picky. Im pretty sure it could be patches, as it is not broken/cracked.
I havent had this for long, but having it makes me want to buy a early 90 22re in good shape when I get my tax returns next year.
I like the 30'' tires on it. Just big enough for some fun trail driving, but not so big that it warrents the other meaning of TOYOTA :)

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Later model toyota factory mags, locking hubs, yea she looks and sounds rough but their arent many other trucks in that condition that would still be running.

ghostcivic

Later model toyota factory mags, locking hubs, yea she looks and sounds rough but their arent many other trucks in that condition that would still be running.
agreed, and dispite the needed repairs it runs well. goes straight down the road, isnt hard to drive (shifts well) 4wd works great. Even tho the front shocks leaked they work OK, not to rough a ride. Engine doesnt sound great due to exhaust leaks but with the exception of the desiling when you try to shut it of it runs very well. Still plenty of power, no smoking. Havent had it long enough to say if it burns oil but it doesnt seem to thus far.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
View attachment 1598View attachment 1599
View attachment 1600
My $600 truck.
dry rot tires
leaking front shocks
holes in frame
fenders shot
no rear brakes (master cylinder or brake lines...or both)
leaking valve cover
2 holes in the floor boards
small hole in rocker
windshield trim held in place with silicone
exhuast needs welded and new muffler
wooden bed is old and needs replacing

Well, thats all the stuff it would need in order to pass inspection...LOL. Runs pretty well tho. Fun offroad and goes down the road well also. Got a antique plate on it to drive onroad. Working on patching the fenders/floor/rocker now.
Not sure how bad the holes in frame are. Guy how inspected it said it should be a yard truck, but he is kinda picky. Im pretty sure it could be patches, as it is not broken/cracked.
I havent had this for long, but having it makes me want to buy a early 90 22re in good shape when I get my tax returns next year.
I like the 30'' tires on it. Just big enough for some fun trail driving, but not so big that it warrents the other meaning of TOYOTA :)

My estimate is it will take more than $600 if you do all the repair with the issue you have mentioned above.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Your truck is looking great now,

I figured $1000 in parts. $600 is what I paid for the truck :)
So are you willing to spent $1000 for the parts and repair?

I have notice something does the picture is taken last 2010? or the time stamp on the camera is not set in proper date?

ghostcivic

time stamp on the camera isnt set. pics taken today.

Not willing to put $1000 into it. Plan on fixing the exhaust and then driving it as is. Only intend to keep until feb of next year. Then I should have enough money to buy a newer toyota truck in roadworthy shape.

But this truck is my 1st 4wd pickup. had a few 2wd's in the past....certainly nothing one would take offroad.
I enjoyed offroading more than I thought I would. And I love the rugged simplicity of this truck. No thrills, just a chassis with a motor that will keep going and going...and go places other more expensive trucks cannont :)

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I was wondering the same thing on the timestamp on your pictures.

What a difference just that simple change has made. Very nice update.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Have you had time to do anything else to your truck lately [MENTION=4128]ghostcivic[/MENTION]?

Related Content You Might Like: