• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Just Joined and picking up my first Toy truck tomorrow!

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Looks good and the right price however the Titanic was also running when parked.. My first toyota was a '81 diesel pickup..rotten to the core and slobbered a litre of oil a week. All that mattered to me was that it ran. When I sold it 2 guys showed up,,one offering a cheque the other offering cash and telling me the other guys check was no good,,,thought they were going to start duking it out...mr cash got the truck

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Looks good and the right price however the Titanic was also running when parked.. My first toyota was a '81 diesel pickup..rotten to the core and slobbered a litre of oil a week. All that mattered to me was that it ran. When I sold it 2 guys showed up,,one offering a cheque the other offering cash and telling me the other guys check was no good,,,thought they were going to start duking it out...mr cash got the truck
Hah, that's funny. Yeah, cash talks and Mr. Check can walk huh.

ToyTrucker

Alright guys, Tuesday the U-Haul got robbed of all 20+ trailer pigtails! Amazing, I thought that only happened in cities and ghettos but this was right across from the city hall and police station. Anyways I got the trailer today and towed her down! here are the pics!

The engine bay started to look like home for some type of rodent, found 2 walnut shells on the left side, I started to rinse all the dead leaves which had become soil and tried to hose the moss growing on it off. When i rubbed the white oxidation it became yellow underneath again! Some dings, dents and scratches but I may just roll with it to keep the vintage look. Polish it out a bit later but the first order is getting her running. Fuel pump? Guess I'll check to see if it pumps fuel. Cranks over really well on the 10 month battery that's been sitting. No creaks or squeaks when turning the wheel and even the doors open and close well. I have the original tailgate, carburetor and some snow chains sitting in the back. Has some type of roll cage inside of the rear. The original spare is even still there! Also A Stack of original service records and the registration and dealer papers. Can't believe in 1981 registration was only $7!

This was used mainly as a farm truck for the last 10 years so the interior has lots of dirt and needs a full restoration but is pretty complete. Needs the bench seat definitely redone first.

Some about the original owner:
Bought it brand new in 1981
in 2000 he bought a new, white 4Runner SR5 4X4
Now he bought a 2015 Tacoma so this was given to me.
Grandma Lou (98 yrs old) across the street and her pretty daughter cheered me on when pushing this beast onto the trailer!
Sorry guys, do not mind my FORD SD 6.7 hehe.
20150213_151333.jpg
20150213_122512.jpg 20150213_122834.jpg 20150213_122636.jpg 20150213_122628.jpg 20150213_122908.jpg 20150213_122656.jpg 20150213_122930.jpg 20150213_123307.jpg 20150213_172159.jpg 20150213_131318.jpg 20150213_122636.jpg 20150213_172207.jpg

Last edited:

ToyTrucker

I liked the story, well told and I learned something new, they had DIESELS?!
I want one now!

TDave

100 Posts
Pretty good condition for an '81 isn't it? I mean, it's got some rust, but I can't remember the last time I've seen one of those that is that intact.

ToyTrucker

Pretty good condition for an '81 isn't it? I mean, it's got some rust, but I can't remember the last time I've seen one of those that is that intact.
Hey TDave,
It is in pretty darn good shape, everything is surface rust but not one single rot through.
My mom's friend is the original owner "doctor" who kept it maintained since brand new.
All it needs is seat replaced or repaired. New floor mat and a good cleaning for starters.
So i figured out it is not getting spark to the plugs or the distributor. From a little searching I am pointed in the direction of replacing the Coil/Ignitor and hopefully fix this problem. Some of the wires right by the distributor coming from the coil to the round green plug is frayed pretty bad. there are 2 wires and bare strands around it under the protective sleeve. Do those wires do anything? Grounding? Shield?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
When you inspect those wires, are they really loose and frayed, or just a little bit worn down?

ToyTrucker

they seen pretty badly frayed and loose the 1 main insulated wires are not broken but I unplugged and plugged most of the connectors in again to see if it would help anything nothing. Maybe I should just buy a unit, any recommendations?

Related Content You Might Like: