• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

It won't fit? CD player in my 4Runner

So I want to put an aftermarket CD player in my 95 4Runner, but when I was checking stuff out on bestbuy.com and put in my vehicle, it says the most everything that I like won't fit!!! Does anyone have any suggestions? I plan on going to the store to talk to the car audio dept. but I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem. I have installed a few stereos in my time but I have never had this problem!!!!

:confused:

Thanks! Angie

95 4Runner... totally stock, for now....

meanToy

100 Posts
You will have to get a conversion kit at the best option. Take a photo of your current radio.

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
I have seen the kits for this, they're called double-din (for double height) or din-and-a-half (fox 1.5x height). It's all based on the sizes of the old stereo systems from back in the 80s and before I guess.

bebtunes

100 Posts
get a picture of the area, then get measurements, then go to bestbuy and have them show you what will fit or get the kits you were told about.

MD_Weems

100 Posts
get a picture of the area, then get measurements, then go to bestbuy and have them show you what will fit or get the kits you were told about.
That is exactly what I would do. They have guys that install systems there that can help you find the right kit to make sure the CD player you like fits right.

antonino

100 Posts
Come on man! CDs are a bit obsolete already. You can afford a Toyota, so most probably, you can afford a more bad-ass sound system for your car. Besides, audio players with USBs are already in, and more affordable. With this, you can save more space.

danstpierre

100 Posts
A double din will do fine. But if all else fails, don't push that cd. Buy something smaller, like USB players, or iPhone capable speakers. They're smaller, and more convenient, and costs as much as a cd player. Cds are already obsolete.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
A double din will do fine. But if all else fails, don't push that cd. Buy something smaller, like USB players, or iPhone capable speakers. They're smaller, and more convenient, and costs as much as a cd player. Cds are already obsolete.

I have find your post a very great advice.

Related Content You Might Like: