• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Interesting facts about the Toyota Tundra

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Cut and paste some of that (or a summary) if you want more people to read it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

BR789

Here is the one I like:

The Tundra has one of the highest levels of North American-sourced parts of any pickup truck.

I did not realize that Tundra was the biggest outsources part of any truck in our area.

TruckJunkie

Here are a few more from the article I find interesting:

Space Shuttle Endeavour was towed across the Manchester Bridge by a 2012 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 1/2 - ton pickup, with a standard 5.7L V8 engine on Friday, October 12, 2012 during the orbiter’s historic 12-mile overland journey to the California Science Center.

The Toyota Tundra successfully towed the 150,000 lb. orbiter, as well as the dolly and towing mechanisms for a total weight of 292,500 lbs., approximately a quarter mile across the Manchester Bridge over the 405 Freeway.–in 4.5 minutes.

DIY2013

Thanks guys for helping me out on this one. I also think this one is pretty cool for education:

Toyota has a 20-year partnership with the California Science Center in support of science learning for everyone through educational programs and world-class exhibits, like Space Shuttle Endeavour.

Samtucky

100 Posts
http://partsblog.olathetoyota.com/4413/toyota-tundra-facts/

At first Toyota wanted to name the Tundra, the T150. That name was used on prototypes in 1999. The T150 name would have been in line with the company's naming convention started with the T100. The problem was that Ford sued Toyota and claimed infringement because of Ford's F-150 series. This lead to Toyota coming up with the name Tundra.

BamaKaren

TTC Chicks
100 Posts
The Tundra has one of the biggest rear differential ring gears in its classes at 10.5 inches.

Related Content You Might Like: