• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Insurance company hassle

macgyver

My 1986 regular cab SR5 was damaged when someone backed into it. The insurance company thinks its worth 1700$ , I think they are wrong . It has 300,oooKilometers hardley any rust on the cab , the box has been patched up and looks good at night in a rain storm ? Runs and drives great , I wonder what it is really worth ? Thanks

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Well, here's the thing. It's worth, what someone is willing to pay for it. So, your best bet, is to look on your local FB marketplace, auto section, and see what people are asking for the same vehicle. As for the insurance company. They will always low ball you. The only way to avoid that is, to get some classic auto insurance, and insure it for a price that you feel is reasonable but, if you wrecked it, it's to late for that. Your next best option, is to try and get parts off of a junker, and put yours back together. Then ask your self, do you want to take there offer, buy yours back, and fix it your self. The only down side to that, is no you will have a salvage title.

Related Content You Might Like: