• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Instant Pot Is Angelic Magic

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
So the wife got an instant pot, the best-selling countertop low pressure cooker, for Christmas and it had been sitting for a couple months before I unboxed it a couple weeks ago to make a stew on a cold and rainy day.

1492970972692-1283649466.jpg

Stew was great. Used sub-prime chopped chuck beef, potatoes, onions and other typical stew fixins. Cooked it 45 mins, came out fully cooked with much better flavor infused into what is otherwise a cheap piece of beef.

Next I moved onto chicken breasts, the frozen ones with rib meat you get at Costco. Usually takes an hour to defrost or you can cook for 3 hours in a low temp oven or 6 hours in a slow cooker. 40 mins from frozen to delicious.

I've used it maybe a dozen times since then. Today made a chicken stew in 30 mins with a mix of veggies, broth and more of the frozen chicken. Red peppers cut up into pieces along with a punch of poultry seasoning gave it a strong flavor.

1492971072274-167374321.jpg

Even better is the fact that clean up is a breeze because there is only one stainless steel pot to mess with.

Not saying that I'm done bbqing, but there's something about the simplicity and time efficiency of this little device that's pretty amazing.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
That is looking mighty good and making me hungry. Got a small crock pot of chili cooking now. Perfect as you said for a "cold and rainy day" like today - just not as quick!

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah, its one of amazon's surprise best sellers from a year ago. More than that, it really does work as claimed.

It's a great way to hard boil a dozen eggs too with nominal work and because they're steamed and not boiled the shell pulls off with ease.

Heres a random video on how to.

carton33

$79 is definitely worth it, because it saves you time and a lot of resources. And it'll probably last you a couple years. It could probably last you a lifetime if you take good care of it, but you'll probably want it replaced as it gets older anyway. Thanks for the info though!

Related Content You Might Like: