• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

I'm hooked on American Pickers

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I've been watching American Pickers a lot lately. It's a good show but seems staged at times.

They just had the 1931 Cadillac Madame X prototype on a show. Mike paid $90,000 for it. Seems semi-staged but what do I know. People are saying what they're saying on the show is wrong.

I dunno, I like the show show.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
I've been watching "pickers" for years--since it first came on. I also like the show and watch any new segments. But, I totally dislike the "best of" segments, as they are really re-runs in my opinion.

As far as being staged, so what? Most of these "reality shows" are staged in one form or another. Doesn't bother me. It's just entertainment as far as I'm concerned--like Fox News.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I've been watching "pickers" for years--since it first came on. I also like the show and watch any new segments. But, I totally dislike the "best of" segments, as they are really re-runs in my opinion.

As far as being staged, so what? Most of these "reality shows" are staged in one form or another. Doesn't bother me. It's just entertainment as far as I'm concerned--like Fox News.
Oh now it's on. Fox news is fix news?

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
As I said, just entertainment, which is what Fox actually said in a court case several years ago. Something to the effect: "Our programming is just entertainment." I'm so fed up with all the supposed news on TV that I try not to watch too much of it--especially the political garbage. Even The Donald is getting irritated at Fox News periodically, which really makes me laugh.

Here's an associated link, as I couldn't locate the actual court case again (long time ago, and I'm feeling lazy):

Last edited:

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I never watched the American Pickers show - but I have watched Hee-Haw when I was a kid. ;)

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Ive been watching the Pickers for years, wouldn't doubt some or most of the show is staged, but I like the history and education they give about most items they find.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
BR549 was Junior Samples used car lot phone number on Hee-Haw. He would show some old beat up POS car that was falling apart, and say for a good deal, just call BR549

Related Content You Might Like: