• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

DFW TX I35 TRAFFIC in Fort Worth is even worse than ever

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I35w in fort worth is a multi year construction fail. I hate to call it construction, it's destruction

Seriously, other municipalities have been able to do more roadwork with less headache and time needed.

These pics are leaving downtown fort worth at 730 pm on a clear Monday night.

Grrrrrrrrr

20181105_192123.jpg
20181105_192122.jpg
15414676651074781647643656820831.jpg

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Couple of hours. Really just crazy. Not sure why google maps took me that route.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I work on the North side of Fort Worth, near Texas Motor Speedway, and live South East of there.
Its about a 35 mile commute but I make most of it on surface streets instead of using 35.
I doubt even after the work is done that it'll be a good route.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Hate traffic like that. I see that kind of traffic backups when I travel north to Northern Virginia and DC area.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I work on the North side of Fort Worth, near Texas Motor Speedway, and live South East of there.
Its about a 35 mile commute but I make most of it on surface streets instead of using 35.
I doubt even after the work is done that it'll be a good route.
I almost took a job up there about 3 years ago near the speedway. After going in for the job interview at 11am it didn't seem like traffic was all that bad. But the owner suggested that I come up there for a couple of days to see if I really liked it. After a 2-hour drive home I could see what he was getting at.

That was 3 years ago and they're on phase 3 of the same project today. seems like they're never going to be done and what they have done now will have to be expanded upon again in 10 years, so they'll be done in 5 years and then will have to start over again by 2025 maybe and that will take them until 2035 to complete.

NOW ... Grapevine and 121 and 114 are dreams. Good job to the folks who worked on that. It was a nightmare for about 5 years but those roads up there are great to drive on now. They really don't ever get super clogged up except for the worst of rush-hour and they're crystal clear to know where you're going and how to get there. Well marked exits, etc.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I've worked in that area 13 years now, Riverside or Beach down to 287 save tons of time and agony.

Related Content You Might Like: