• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

How's everyone doing with the COVID-19 Virus?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
So, I'm pretty sure I had this already in January, got really sick, super tired, no energy and I stayed in bed for a couple of days and then was better.

How's everyone else doing?

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
As far as the virus goes, all is well here on the home front. The family or myself has not been sick. On the work side, everything is pretty normal with the exception of the "NO" overtime rule.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Nobody sick at our house. Staying home except for grocery shopping, which is a unique experience these days. Some of my neighbors are totally ignoring Colorado's "Stay at home" order, but that's their choice. Only 16 confirmed case of the virus in Mesa County/Grand Junction, but minimal testing is being done. So, I decided to go to Delta for groceries, as Delta County has only one confirmed case as of yesterday. A bit further to drive, but less panic and craziness in Delta.

Doing yard work when the weather's OK to do so. Getting a bit cabin feverish, but not too bad. Thank goodness we are both retired and do not have to depend on a regular pay check, just Social Security.

The wife and I are debating how long it will be before things get back to "normal". We feel we will require a proven vaccine before we will feel free enough to resume pre-virus activities. We are wondering how airlines, hotels, restaurants and cruise ships will convince us that we can use their offerings without being exposed to the virus. We think any resemblance to normal--for us--may be many months or even years away.

We've been attempting to use Amazon (we're Prime members) for needed items so we wouldn't have to visit multiple stores when we go grocery shopping. Unfortunately, Amazon is out of many (popular these days) items, delaying shipments anywhere from a couple weeks to a couple of months, or maybe never? Anyone else seen this? eBay is useless for these same items. Same with online stores. Everything seems to be "out of stock."

Last edited:

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
As of this morning we have 2 confirmed cases in our county. Doing the best we can to stay inside and away from everyone. Guess it does not really matter since I am out and about all day at work. It's possible that someone at work may have or came in contact with Covid-19 but they won't give us any info. Now is not the time to play games when I'm in the age "kill zone".

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
We have 22 confirmed cases in Mesa County at the moment. There are only about 50 or so cases on Colorado's Western Slope--not counting Durango. We don't consider Durango to be part of the Western Slope.

Sorry to hear about Louisiana. We enjoyed our visit to New Orleans 2 years ago.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
The Governor of Colorado just did a 1 hour "town hall" on TV with lots of Q & A. It was actually very good. While Colorado has less than 10K confirmed cases of COVID-19, the Governor's staff estimates that we have at least 30K-40K of infected people that are non-symptomatic, or who haven't yet gotten real sick, and they are running around infecting others. That was surprising to us. This thing is far from over.

Stay home & stay safe.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I've been asked to be part of a telephone town hall with Senator John Cornyn tomorrow at 7 PM Central. Wonder if this was a mass blast thing or if it's because I said something positive about the senator on twitter.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Maybe you're just lucky?

The doctors on last night's Town Hall again confirmed that the survival rate for older folks over 70 (us) that have to be put on a ventilator is very low. Less that 30%. I don't want to find out the hard way.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
It's not a good virus to get, that's for sure. I think they overestimated the % of people who would get the cytokine storm and that would need ventilation assistance to breathe.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Im sure we will brake 20,000 cases tomorrow. Work is slow,but I am still working. Stores are restocked for the most part.
Screenshot_2020-04-09-15-43-44.png

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Virginia is not as bad as some but here are the current numbers:
The Virginia Department of Health reports 121 people have now died with the coronavirus in the state, an increase of 12 from the day before. Of that 121, at least 39 are at the Canterbury Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center near Richmond. The total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases so far in the state is 4,509, an increase of 467 from Thursday.

In our region, the number of confirmed cases in Lynchburg has leaped to 27,; there are 15 in Bedford County, 9 in Amherst County, 7 in Campbell County and 5 in Appomattox County.

I live in Campbell County an we are up to 7 confirmed cases. Still working a regular 40 hour week and keeping busy.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
So I'm pretty sure that this virus already hit. My son was severely sick back in November / December and we took him to the ER twice in a weeks time. I took a video of him coughing and I might actually post that online. In the video I state that the next day is thanksgiving, so I guess it was late November that I recorded this.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
So I'm pretty sure that this virus already hit. My son was severely sick back in November / December and we took him to the ER twice in a weeks time. I took a video of him coughing and I might actually post that online. In the video I state that the next day is thanksgiving, so I guess it was late November that I recorded this.
They are working on a test that looks for the antibodies for covid 19. This would tell if someone has had the it or not.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
They are working on a test that looks for the antibodies for covid 19. This would tell if someone has had the it or not.
Lots of variables, if someone has a low immune system, they don't make as many antibodies and they might not show up. They look for things called titers and he actually doesn't really every show many titers, and his immunologist says that his immune system might be so low that it just doesn't even start to fight.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
If you look through my post, you can see the numbers going down. Here are yesterdays and todays numbers.
Screenshot_2020-04-11-12-37-56.png
Screenshot_2020-04-12-16-20-27.png

Related Content You Might Like: