• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Howdy

Rmann

Hey folks,
Newbie here. Finally tired of stumbling through the jungle in the dark and thought id share my failures and ask some questions.
I currently have a 95 T 100 reg cab 2wd and a 93 Previa.
My first toyo was an 88 extra cab long bed. loved that truck. Went about 300,000 miles. Gave it away and its still going. Got the Previa because Bo, my k9 traveling companion was having trouble jumping in. It was great for stealth camping. After he moved on I got the T100. Love it but need to add some things. Ill go into that in the next thread. So far ive added.
Sand paint job, bad one.
2 extra leaf springs
1948 Chevy hood ornament.
About 130,000 miles.

gene

Welcome,

I have a '91 extended cab, passed down from my father who died two years ago. Great truck, and only 125,000 easy miles.

Hey folks,
Newbie here. Finally tired of stumbling through the jungle in the dark and thought id share my failures and ask some questions.
I currently have a 95 T 100 reg cab 2wd and a 93 Previa.
My first toyo was an 88 extra cab long bed. loved that truck. Went about 300,000 miles. Gave it away and its still going. Got the Previa because Bo, my k9 traveling companion was having trouble jumping in. It was great for stealth camping. After he moved on I got the T100. Love it but need to add some things. Ill go into that in the next thread. So far ive added.
Sand paint job, bad one.
2 extra leaf springs
1948 Chevy hood ornament.
About 130,000 miles.

Lon Ross

Welcome!

I currently have a 96 T100 and love it. I think it may be the most over looked great mid-full-size truck of all time. They didn't sell here in the US due to a 25% import tax on full size trucks OK'd by our politicians lining their pockets from the big three truck makers, and the US addiction to V-8 motors.

I have the 2.7 LT 4 Cyl. that puts out the same horsepower as the Toyota V-6 that was offered back then to appease the buyers who wanted more cylinders? My 4 cylinder also put out more low end torque then the V-6 offered, and it has a timing chain instead of the belt the V-6 has?

So, same HP, more torque and better gas mileage as well as less maintenance due to timing chain VS timing belt?

Well it makes me wonder how the mighty T100 Strait 4 Cyl. 2.7 Lt. got brushed under the carpet, but then again, the V-8's were coming and the V-6 were here!

Anyway, good luck with your truck!

Lon Ross

I have been busy with a new project, a 1998 Tacoma I bought to resale. I gave 19 hundred, then bought some nice Pirelli tires on twenty inch chrome wheels I plan to put on soon. It runs and drives great, 2.4L RWD Auto with 200K, Needed some TLC, replaced PS mirror glass 10 bucks, and inside door handle 5 bucks. DS door lock and key 9 bucks. I am replacing the valve cover gasket, 10 bucks and I will check the lifter adjustment when in there as I have a complete set of shims and all the tools to adjust them if needed. I am replacing the rear shocks with air shocks and new gas shocks on the front, 100 bucks. I am spending more then I need too, but want the next owner to be happy with it and feel good about doing business with me also. Just the way I am.

Here is a pic of it just as I found it, 14" wheels and all, LOL.
ta5.jpg

Lon Ross

Here is a shot of the inside, looks to be well taken of to me. I like it, and no offence to 1st gen Tacoma owners, but there is a big difference in build quality
ta3.jpg
between this one and my T100 IMHO.

Lon Ross

RS T100 Motor.jpg
I plan to do the motor the same as this pic of my T100 motor, when I disassemble for the VC gasket replacement. So I am hoping for 4 grand, with the chrome twenty's and Pirelli's, like new looking motor and great ride of the new air shocks, as well as TRD decals and pinstripes and all. That in line with what I see them going for on CL and Ebay, we will see.

Related Content You Might Like: