• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

How To Value The 4th Gen Hilux 83-88's?

Natedawg63

I want another small truck now that I am getting older. I have a '78 Ford F100 Custom that stays torn down for 'upgrades' more than it stays on the roads. I am jus tired of big trucks. I am single and would just occasionally need a 2nd passenger.

I am in the South and I know from experience clean trucks are premium priced down here. I jus have no idea how to make offers on a clean 4x2 because prices can be all over the place. I am searching CL from Central Alabama to Atlanta. I want a 4x2/auto with A/C. Want this as a daily driver so I am not looking at 'work trucks' or 'woods only trucks'. 4x4's really are of no use to me tho I know they hold their value better than the 4x2's.

I have my eye on a '87 4x2/auto/non-cooling A/C. Spanking new factory gray paint job and fresh rubber bedliner spray. Cracked dash like most, worn bench seat with 131,000 orig miles. 2 owner Alabama truck. No idea where to start with offers. Any help is appreciated.

I know the adage... a truck is worth what you will pay for it. Jus looking for reasonable guidance.

Pic attached.

Thanks...
Nate

Attachments

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
This seems to be a repeat of an earlier question asked on the site last month. ??

Natedawg63

I saw a post asking why the high prices for HiLux trucks. Guess the answer is offer them something and see if they bite. If they motivated enough and not too attached they may do business, lol

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Does the seller have a asking price? If so, start your offers low and go from there. Make sure you point out things not working or not in good shape to help seller realize why you are making the lower offers.

Related Content You Might Like: