• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

How many Toyota T100 Trucks Were Built?

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I don't know a whole lot about the history and the number of Toyota T100 trucks that were built and put on the road. Anyhow have the facts and figures for the North American market? I'm starting to think that these trucks were built almost entirely to be sold here, as much of the rest of the world uses the smaller Tacoma/Hilux mid-size pickup truck.

View attachment 843

View attachment 844

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
I got this from Wikipedia on the t100 history.

Although sales were slow at start, the T100 sales did reach into the mid 40,000 vehicles sold range (1996) in the United States. Sales of the General Motors C/K Trucks were roughly 700,000 per year, while sales of the Ford F-Series surged from 550,000 to nearly 850,000 and Dodge went from 100,000 to 400,000 with the introduction of the new Dodge Ram in 1994. Sales of the T100 fell approximately 30% when the new Ram went on the market half a year or so after the T100's launch.
Compare that with 100,000+ sales for the Tacoma in the US market and that's not all that many. Compared to the full-sized domestic trucks, it's very low for that time period. Looks like they answered with the Tundra, which is overbuilt and you get sooo much more for your money IMHO.

GregH

This is a very pricey truck. Therefore, I would imagine not that many were made. I would think the demand would be higher if they were cheaper.

antonino

100 Posts
The law of supply and demand. Anyway, it's a bit pricey, a T100 truck could be a truck collector's item!

danstpierre

100 Posts
I think it's not th price.. it's the dollars depreciation that made if unaffordable to an ordinary Joe.

gladden

So still it is the price.. Because it is too pricey and it is the worse time for the economy.. People did not buy the T100.

jamesmic

TTC Chicks
This is an extremely pricey truck. Thusly, I might envision not that numerous were made. I might think the interest might be higher in the event that they were shabbier.

Cali4rnr

100 Posts
The T-100 didn't sell we'll because its a gutless pos. They're only good for stealing the cv axles out of the 4x to upgrade the 4rnr.

Cali4rnr

100 Posts
Seriously? u guys are hilarious. But ok here goes. What farmer has time to post all day, every day. Every post sounds like a press release. "She" asks, as do u all, silly, open ended questions that only serve to set up a Q & A session. If u guys want this to work(fool ppl) you're gonna have to do a better job. Stevie Wonder could see this for what it is. Or isn't rather.

Related Content You Might Like: