• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

How can I improve gas mileage for my 2013 Tacoma?

BamaKaren

TTC Chicks
100 Posts
My gas mileage for my 2013 Toyota Tacoma isn't great. What can I do to improve gas mileage?

PurpleRose

TTC Chicks
My home town dealer uses BG products which are helpful for a little increase in the mpg on my Toyota. Our home town Ford dealer also has a nitrogen station for filling the tires. I have not tried this yet because I want to learn more about it. This is also supposed to help with mileage overall. Trucks just do not seem to get the mileage cars do overall. Also, depending on how you drive will affect mileage.

TruckJunkie

A few other ways to improve gas mileage is to not carry a load around with you if you don't need it. Keep your chassis clear of dirt and mud which is helpful. Consider your tires - the wider and larger the tire, the more your gas mileage will go down. Also, keep your air pressure at the proper inflation.

DIY2013

Also, keeping your engine tuned and good operating order will help matters. Using a good oil will also help prevent friction issues which can affect the overall gas mileage. During the summer, roll the windows down which can also be helpful (no AC).

Also, have you considered buying your gasoline during the coolest part of the day? The gas is more dense during this time and releases less vapors. Many people do not think about this one. Every little bit helps you in the long run.

Samtucky

100 Posts
I also get a tune up every year. How often do you go for a tune up? This is the first time that I have ever heard about purchasing the gas during the coolest part of the day.

Do you have any articles to prove that is true?

Samtucky

100 Posts
It is really important to make sure that you have enough air in your tires at all times. If not, that can really hurt your car.

Related Content You Might Like: