• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Home Security Systems w/ Video Surveillance Cameras

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
My neighborhood has suffered a large amount of car/truck vandalism over the past few weeks, mostly done by high school kids on vacation (thanks to our new postmodern society where kids get to determine their own version of right and wrong) and my commuter car got hit twice and a bunch of other vehicles have as well, another neighbor got his car hit as well.

They're not even trying to take anything, just trying to cause damage. I only have this car because it's cheap and I only drive 5 miles to work, but alas ... it's time to get a video surveillance system for my house. Anyone have any suggestions?

Some of what I need to know about how to install and operate a home video surveillance system

1) What's the best setup to make it work properly? I assume I should have it tied into my computer, but I also have a web server so I have a gigs and gigs of space to hold all of the video.

2) Wired or wireless is better? Have it run non-stop and record to a hard drive or something else?

3) I live on a very well-lit street, so lighting will almost never be a problem - but what resolution should I be looking for? At most I need to record about 50 feet away from the house, and I'd like to be able to read license plates if possible.

antonino

100 Posts
An alarm system for your car, and also a clear CCTV camera for your car. So that, whenever and whereever somebody vandalizes on your car, you'll always have a clear video of who did it.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Hehe, I thought this forum will only deals with TOYOTA truck but now you are discussing Home Security Systems w/ Video Surveillance Cameras. Unless you use it in your driveway for the security of you vehicles.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Toyotafan I know you looked at Fryes for surveilance video equip., have you looked at Northern Hydraulics lately? Last week while I was walking around drooling on all the tools I want but cant justify I noticed they have a new section carrying these items, prices looked good but you have to read the package because they have a lot of decoy items also.

Related Content You Might Like: