• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Hi everyone.

TowerDog92

hey I'm new, of course. Anyways, always been a fan of toyota pickups especially older models. theres just something about to me. well here is a picture of my truck, tooken the day after I bought it. I'm the third owner (not including the part time car dealer buddy of mine, =)
securedownload.jpg

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Welcome to the site. Tell us more about the truck and the roads that it has seen.

TowerDog92

Well its a 1981, it has the 22r engine, 5 speed manual, and 4x4. it has resided in the state of Arkansas all its life.
Its seen a lot of clay dirt roads, I've had her down in creek bottoms a few times, even pulled out a fullsized dodge pickup after the ice storm this past winter. Gosh I love this truck. sadly it is in dire need of some work to the floorboards, small holes both sides that I'm going to have to cut out and patch before they become bigger issues. Other then that I'm only rebuilding the dash a little (due to brittle plastic, not everything is there) and trying to decide if I should get bucket seats, or have that original bench seat reupholstered. someday I hope to find the time to fabricate some brush gaurds and bumpers for it, a light bar, winch and tow hooks, maybe even put a cb radio in it.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
that's what i love about this site, real honest hardworking trucks that have some miles on them but are still running and pulling dodge ram trucks out of the ice when the chips are down.

;)

TowerDog92

my plan was to use a plasma cutter to cut it out to a simple shape to copy and then use same thickness sheetmetal to cut and fit then weld it in.
man it sounds simple, but i'm almost scared to actually think about starting this in a few weeks when i get home.
I do like that work, it looks great. I'll post some before photos of my floorboards. the holes are not near as bad as what you have worked on in those photos. although they are rusted all the way clear through! and no sharp angles or hidden crevices, just one slight contour.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Unless you want to form your floor pieces with a knockometer might be a good time to get a lowbuck beadroller. I got this Woodward Fab beadroller mounted on the War Wagon,,,once reinforced with 2" x 2'' tube stock 3/16th wall this thing will handle 18 ga rolled steel. Great for flanging edges, very versatile and comes with 12 dies. On my list is rolling "toyota" into the lid of the tool box in my truck....

Attachments

Brad

100 Posts
my plan was to use a plasma cutter to cut it out to a simple shape to copy and then use same thickness sheetmetal to cut and fit then weld it in.
man it sounds simple, but i'm almost scared to actually think about starting this in a few weeks when i get home.
I do like that work, it looks great. I'll post some before photos of my floorboards. the holes are not near as bad as what you have worked on in those photos. although they are rusted all the way clear through! and no sharp angles or hidden crevices, just one slight contour.
Sounds great! Can't wait to see a few pictures.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Nice truck.. Small rust holes are usually hiding larger ones. Post some pics, fixed a few rust holes myself but always on OT vehicles..my yota's rust free. I make my own pans but usually buying a replacement pan is much less time consuming.
did you do that work yourself? i've never got around to learning how to weld, seems like a mystery to me actually.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
For stick welding I had a few minutes instruction and then practiced by building a bicycle rack for a school many years ago. Mig welding is pretty easy to learn yourself with a good machine and shield gas...a few minutes of reading and you would be laying bead. Having a top of the line auto darkening welding helmet also makes the task easier. Sure you can buy yakraks but $20 worth of tube stock from the scrap yard and you can build a set

Attachments

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Unless you want to form your floor pieces with a knockometer might be a good time to get a lowbuck beadroller. I got this Woodward Fab beadroller mounted on the War Wagon,,,once reinforced with 2" x 2'' tube stock 3/16th wall this thing will handle 18 ga rolled steel. Great for flanging edges, very versatile and comes with 12 dies. On my list is rolling "toyota" into the lid of the tool box in my truck....
Like I said ... that's quite a setup. I don't have a big garage or workshop yet to do this type of work

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
Welcome to ttc!

Here's my generic welcome message. Where are you from and what are you driving? Post pics too in the gallery! Ask specific questions in a forum related to your vehicle.

Related Content You Might Like: