• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Heresy Alert: Toyota or Honda?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Thats a tough call, they have so much in common but the scale between the two companies is intense that I'd have to give the edge to Toyota.

Techy855

I have generally only driven older Toyota's, and of course this is anecdotal at best, but I have found them to be much longer lived and reliable then those I have known with Honda's.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I've owned both manufacturers at different times and really couldnt select between the two, they both gave trouble free service.
I am more partial to Toyota because they build 4wd trucks, something Honda doesnt do.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
How would you classify the Ridgeline? That's more of a multi-use truck isn't it?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
How would you classify the Ridgeline? That's more of a multi-use truck isn't it?
Not to be rude but I dont classify it as a truck at all.
The load capacity and trailering capacity put it in the same class as a Jeep, dont get me wrong I love Jeeps got a few hanging out in the yard but you dont bring a Jeep, or like vehicle to do a trucks job.

balihaisen

100 Posts
I would be biased, since I have not tried any Honda. But Toyota is fine, and don't need much maintenance. I never had a headache. I'm all smiles with my Toyota.:cool:

danstpierre

100 Posts
We ruled out Nissan, Suzuki, and of course, American made cars! GM, Ford, Chevy, and heck, even China's Foton.

antonino

100 Posts
I would agree if we only base our comparison on two brand names. Besides, no models, or specific cars are being mentioned. Yeah, I heard Chinese Foton is already out in the market, including Europe and USA. In fairness, this Chink baby is faring well in terms of performance.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Wow, what's the world going to come to when we start driving Chinese made cars and trucks? Throw them away every two years and get a new one? I'm gonna question them outright on quality, it's a government thing. Sure they make a good iPad, but that's because Apple has excellent quality controls in their factories. ??

Deererainman

I have the two Toyota Trucks in my sig and a 2005 Honda Pilot. BY FAR, I've done more work and been to the dealership more with the Honda more than the two Toyotas combined.

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
I think it really is up to the consumer and what you like more. I think Honda might make small cars slightly better than Toyota. But I think Toyota makes trucks better than Honda.

Stuart

That is a good question. Somebody should seriously do some research on this question. I'd like to know.

Daniel

Toyotas are definitely far more reliable. I haven't owned a Honda myself but I can tell from the experiences of my friends.

supernovax3

100 Posts
You know, I'm going to go against what seems to be the popular opinion and say Honda. I've owned a Honda before and I own a Toyota truck now, and I feel that the Honda had less issues overall and maintenance was easier.

Related Content You Might Like: