• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Hello

suncomb1

New member here but I am the original owner of my 1983 Toyota SR5 Mojave LE-Black Package 4x4 Shortbed Sport Truck. I hope to learn from and contribute to the the club and all of its members.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Welcome aboard.
Thats a very rare truck you have, I've seen one other like it back in the mid eighties, my older brother bought a roll-over total that he spent 3 years rebuilding.
After spending years keeping it in the garage and babying it he gave to his son for his 16th B-day, it only took the little idiot 4 days to destroy the truck.

suncomb1

Yes, the truck is very rare. There are only 3 other SR5 Mojave LE-Black Package 4x4 trucks known to exist from the less than 100 produced-two in California and one in Arizona. There was one in New Jersey but it was so rusted out that it went to the scrap yard two years ago.

suncomb1

I am from Pennsylvania and yes that is my truck. I have owned it since new, never had any rust and love to drive it. Thank you for the compliments. I see you are from Texas; I spent a lot of time there over the years and enjoyed the time I spent there.

Last edited:

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I've lived all over the west coast and now in Texas and I have worked for a company in New York state (60 miles North of NYC) so I've been up in the NE quite a bit, just not in a few years.

suncomb1

I went to college in California and spent some of my Navy time there also. My brother lived in NY state at various times while with GE.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Hey there, welcome to the site. That's a great looking truck you've got that, she's a keeper for sure.

suncomb1

Thank you for the welcome and the compliments. I guess after 30 years of owning her I should keep her. Ha! Ha!

Darrin

30 years!? That's awesome man! It seems like you and your truck really bonded. I've been checking out the pics too and I think say just how much you love that with all the decals and designs mate. Welcome aboard the forum!

suncomb1

I have a lot of good memories because of my truck. I have other "TOYS" and many people wonder why I never sold my truck but I just keep having fun with it.

Related Content You Might Like: