• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Hello There!

Xmsteel

Hi there everyone.
I guess beings I came right in and asked for help that the least I could do is introduce myself correctly.

Recently just purchased a 1980 Toyota Pickup, so I figured this is the place to be. Surprisingly out of how many cars I've owned in such a short period of time, this is actually my first personal Toyota.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Also, I live in Texas now but I grew up living in Spokane for 7 years and Seattle for 12.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
What's down in Southeast Wa?

You know what's funny about the Columbia river? It's just wide enough that not all that many bridges were built across it, considering European folks have been living there since the 1840's (George Washington Price was my 3rd Great-Grandfather and was in Stevens County WA in 1840 - which is up northwest of present day Spokane on US-2 if I remember correctly)

... but because the Columbia river was so wide and hard to build a bridge across, even today if you look at a map you will see all sorts of towns that have popped-up on the Oregon side of the river and not nearly as many on the Washington side of the river. I think that's very interesting. Even the roads are better with I-84 being on the south side of the river.

Google Maps.png

Xmsteel

What's down in Southeast Wa?

You know what's funny about the Columbia river? It's just wide enough that not all that many bridges were built across it, considering European folks have been living there since the 1840's (George Washington Price was my 3rd Great-Grandfather and was in Stevens County WA in 1840 - which is up northwest of present day Spokane on US-2 if I remember correctly)

... but because the Columbia river was so wide and hard to build a bridge across, even today if you look at a map you will see all sorts of towns that have popped-up on the Oregon side of the river and not nearly as many on the Washington side of the river. I think that's very interesting. Even the roads are better with I-84 being on the south side of the river.

View attachment 2531

"Whats in SE, WA?" Would have been a perfectly acceptable question about 10 years ago, but apparently its grown to be quite large.
Here's where I am: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-Cities,_WA

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
OK. I've spent a lot of time in the tri cities. It's nice there ... Very hot in the summer.

Xmsteel

OK. I've spent a lot of time in the tri cities. It's nice there ... Very hot in the summer.
Yep, mid 100s isn't uncommon. The city is finally growing as well too (as you might have saw on the wiki page). Its a lot different than it was even 5-6 years ago.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Last time I was there was maybe 1998? Summertime. Hard to believe that was 15 years ago now.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
That part of the country reminds me alot of nm and other parts of the intercontinental high desert. It's funny because people think that whole state is rainy and wet all year long, but that's not true at all.

Xmsteel

That part of the country reminds me alot of nm and other parts of the intercontinental high desert. It's funny because people think that whole state is rainy and wet all year long, but that's not true at all.
People actually call me a liar when I say its dry 300 days of the year here and gets in the mid-100s in the summer!

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah, it's true. I could have moved there to get out of the dark and depressing Seattle winters. Ugh, couldn't take another year of that up there.

Related Content You Might Like: